AboutAbout JayJay Manuel, Beauty & Fashion Expert is most known for his work on America's Next Top Model. As the Beauty Boss, he's out to prove that the beauty industry is not exclusive to Hollywood. Everyday women have the right to feel beautiful, too!
Latest How-To Guide
Being a busy mom of a 3 year old, Jennifer barely has anytime for herself, let alone her husband. When we surprised her, you could sense the nervous excitement about what she was about to experience. With so many challenges in her life that she faces daily, whether it be taking care of a toddler or working to help support her family, Jennifer admitted that beauty isn’t always a top priority for her…until now. Jennifer identified her style icon as Drew Barrymore. Drew is someone who always looks effortlessly beautiful, which is exactly what Jennifer was looking for. It’s essential for Jen to pull together a quick look in the morning before she embarks on her busy day, but she also needs to take into consideration her budget. In this episode, we gave Jennifer the tips and tricks necessary for some quick and easy looks that emulate her style icon, Drew Barrymore. Of course, value was also an important issue for Jen. All of the products that went into creating her look were top affordable brands that are easily accessible.
Sandy is a busy workaholic with little time for herself. In fact, the last time she colored her hair was two years ago! Today, The Beauty Boss team shows her super easy tips to get salon quality hair color right at home. The secret? Fat Foam Permanent Hair Color! The no drip foam product available exclusively at Walmart is super easy to use and the results were exactly what Sandy was looking for. Marco, our resident hair stylist, followed up with a quick blow dry using a diffuser. Sandy’s total time in the chair, new hair color and all? Only thirty minutes! Watch the video for more information about how to recreate the look at home.
IN THIS EPISODE
Permanent No Mess Hair Color
Salon quality permanent hair coloring at home can be such a hassle. There’s the horrible smell, the crazy instructions, and of course, the mess. With Samy Fat Foam Permanent Hair Color, you don’t have to worry about any of it! It’s non-drip foam formula ensures that the only thing dyed is your hair, and not your bathroom rug! Use this guide as a helpful introduction to the product, as seen in Sandy’s episode of Beauty Boss. Remember, it’s available exclusively at Walmart.
- Step 1: Get Prepped.
- Fat Foam Permanent Hair Color comes prepackaged in one easy canister. Take everything out and be sure to follow the instructions included in the box carefully. It's time to mix it up. Mix the color powder and the base solution into the mixing shaker.
- Step 2: Shake It Up!
- Now comes the fun part! Cover the mixing shaker and well, shake it up! The mixing shaker ensures that nothing spills out. Once it's done, a thick foam will be produced. The consistency of the dye ensures that there's never any drips. Remember, you're dying your hair, not your bathroom rug!
- Step 3: Apply It!
- The thick foam helps make sure that you never miss a spot, plus it's super easy to apply. Fat Foam is perfect for the first time at home hair coloring user, as well as the seasoned vet. Leave the product in for the designated amount of time as detailed on the instruction sheet included with the product.
- Step 4: Rinse & Repeat
- Almost done! Rinse the foam out of your hair immediately after the designated time is complete. Follow it up with the included Fat Foam Shampoo & Conditioner. These will help leave your newly treated hair shiny, smooth, and healthy. No one will know you didn't go to an expensive salon!
- Step 5: The Finishing Touch
- Style your hair however you choose! In Sandy's video, hair stylist Marco gave her a quick blow dry with a diffuser that was super easy and really low maintenance.
Sandy was ready for a new hair color that looked natural and professionally done. However, her busy schedule and small budget never allows her to get to a salon. Brig, Marco, and the Beauty Boss team transformed Sandy’s look with the power of Fat Foam, the no mess easy to use at home permanent hair color! Take a look at the Behind the Scenes pics from Sandy’s shoot at Brig’s Play salon.
Patricia is a full time mom with a full time career. She has little time to primp and is eager to learn tips and tricks that will help her look salon worthy but also get her out the door in minutes. In this episode, Brig and the Beauty Boss team gave Patricia a hair transformation with some super affordable products available at Walmart. Watch the video for Marco’s specific techniques and click below to check out all the products we used on Patricia’s do.
Brig’s stylist Marco gave Patricia some easy tips and tricks for a curlicious hairstyle that only take ten minutes every morning. With the help of some amazingly affordable top brand products available from Walmart, Patricia had a big curly do’ and the know how to do it at home. Flip through the guide below to check out the steps and the products!
- Step 1: Hydrate
- Patricia was prepped with Nexxus® Salon Hair Care Therappe® Luxurious Moisturizing Shampoo. It gave Patricia's hair some much needed hydration while allowing her gorgeous curls to appear naturally.
- Step 2: Spray & Play
- As Marco curled Patricia's hair with an iron, he sprayed Big Sexy Hair® Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray which provided volume and helped lock in the curls.
- Step 3: Pin Up Girl
- Then, Marco showed Patricia a really useful tip. After using the curling iron on piece of hair, don't release it. Rather, slide the curling iron out and secure the curl to the head with a clip. This gives the curl the extra time it needs to set, and the extra time you need to move on and get out the door fast!
- Step 4: Silky Smooth Finish
- The finishing touch was a good tousle of Patricia's hair with Biosilk® Silk Therapy.It's a weightless, leave in treatment that will leave your hair sleek and shiny while repairing some serious damage.